I've sat down three or four times to post, typed a few sentences, but then got disrupted by the baking timer or something else that took me away from my thoughts.  So, it's 6:12 am, I have my coffee with me and I intend to finish a post this time.
Our weather has been mild, as it has been in most of the east.  The temperature has been in the 50's in the morning and peaks around 68-71 by afternoon, which is another reason I don't complete a post.  With weather this mild, I'd rather be outside.  Starting Monday, we're due to have 5-6 days of rain with more mild temperatures.  The warm will keep us from getting seven feet of snow.  A few weeks ago we did have flash flooding from days of torrential rain.
On the way to the gym, I pass acres and acres of cow pastures.  The flooding covered the corn field and drove the cows up to the fence.
One of our local church ministry thrift stores.  Flash flooding went into their greenhouse and all the buildings.

Behind the Christian Love Ministry buildings is a new upscale home.  Some builder is planning on putting upscale homes all along this river in a gated community.  In front of the treed banking is the Hiawassee River, which of course is flooded, too.
More of the Hiawassee River raging.  In three days, it'll be seven years since I retired and we moved here.  We've never seen anything like this.  I imagine the locals could tell us stories of historical flooding.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog