Temperature hit 66 yesterday!!! Such an uplifting feeling. Max and I spent much of the afternoon outside on the porch. I started some parsley and basil in little starter pots and a new batch of cat grass. We had a light breakfast at our little diner about mid-morning, Cliff hit the books again to continue with his medical course. He'll be thrilled when this is over in the 3rd week of March because it consumes his every waking minute. It's so wonderful not to be dark at 5 PM anymore. I've started grilling outside again now that it's light until 6:30 and I can see what I'm cooking. We had grilled garlic-ginger chicken, cheesy orzo, and a salad.

On another note.......Cliff is going to try to get in to see our family doc today to have his chest, back and shoulder looked at. Remember, this is the guy that has a 93% average in his medical course. His neck and shoulders have been tight from studying and positioning himself badly. Last Thursday when he felt a knot in his neck, he placed the heating pad on his neck.....on HIGH....and pressed it against his skin for a long time. That night he was red, bubbled and blistered. I thought he was starting shingles from the stress he puts himself under until he told me about the length of time he had placed the heating pad in that area. It's painful and we've been placing sterile gauze pads so the burns aren't irritated by clothes rubbing against the blisters. When I asked him how he ever let this happen, esp. while taking a medical course, and he replied that he hadn't read the chapter on burns yet! DUH!

Comments

ralph said…
i love the new blog title photo you've put up. it reminds me of spring, which is still so damned far away here.

enjoy the nice weather. it's been so long since you guys had any, the sun must feel great.
Betsy said…
this is my mountain massage place....it's so peaceful.

Popular posts from this blog