I've never been witness to a small creature of the wild taking its last breath.  This morning while washing out my coffee pot at the kitchen sink, the ailing sparrow chose the pie plate feeder where it was safe from predators to gently lie down and take the last breath.  I've decided that when my time comes, there is no better way to bid adieu than being surrounded by people and things that bring comfort and pleasure.  I don't want to choke to death, but a picturesque winery surround by oak barrels of aging wine, a long-stemmed glass with a mellow Cabernet in my right hand,  Gouda cheese, homemade bread, and family should be my last hurrah........................

Comments

ralph said…
at least he is completely at rest now and can, as the children say, "go back to the earth."

good that he trusted you enough to approach his final rest in your feeder.

Popular posts from this blog