Last Thursday we headed north through the smoky Nantahala Forest, up 40 through Asheville, picked up 81 toward Warrenton, Virginia to spend a long weekend celebrating my 70th birthday with Lauria, Jim, and children and a pug and two cats.

Lauria and Jim installed an old rope swing like we used to swing on when we were children.
We played Spinner, which is like Dominoes but not like Dominoes.  I call it "chicken feet" due to the way it branches out like chicken toes.
Grant ladling Jim's vegetable soup.

Grandchildren helped me blow out the candles.  Looks like a bonfire!

Sofia plowing over the raked leaves on the wagon-mobile.
Olivia popping up through the leaf pile after Hayden buried her.

Olivia and I doing our yoga together.
Saturday we did the buffet at Mandarin Gardens which is always a treat because the buffet offers so many culturally different foods not available to us in Murphy.
  And a delightful surprise from my sister.
 And Cliff baked me a cake!
Thank you to all my loving family and friends for making this milestone birthday so joyous.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog