Early mornings have been cool, 50 degrees, and invigorating.  Not much has been done in the garden as I've been coping with right shoulder and muscle discomfort for a couple of months and allowing the inflammation to go too long in my left wrist has weaken the wrist joint.  My rheumatologist suggested I wrap an ace bandage or a Velcro wrist wrap to remind myself not to overuse, misuse, or abuse myself.  Who me?  Cliff helped me prepare the soil for fall potatoes.   I've never planted fall potatoes but Barb had such success with hers last fall that I put in a dozen and unlike early spring soil where it takes three weeks to sprout, these were up in less than a week. 
Just covered them with hay this morning. 
Cliff trenched three rows the other day for the garlic.  This morning I mulched each trench with dead leaves and put ten garlic cloves in each row.  I still have to cover the rows with hay to protect them from any harsh winter temperatures.  The large leaves on the left belong to the kobucha squash that's taking over the world after being totally neglected.
I've found four more in various places throughout the lower garden.  The deer enjoy the huge yellow blossoms so I'm surprised I even have these. 

With the uncertainty of Hurricane Irma's path, we've begun to pay attention to her track.  If she stays on the predicted path, her winds and rain will travel up through Georgia and our area.  We'll continue to monitor where TWC sends Jim Cantore.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog