I am so-o-o bored.  It's 27 dreary degrees outside with brisk gusts to 14 mph.  We were supposed to see some sun with the clouds today but it's 3 pm and that hasn't happened yet.  Yesterday it poured so loudly while Cliff and I were in our yoga class, we couldn't hear the instructor.  Being stuck in the house due to the drenching rain, after our lunch I baked a chocolate cake in a 9" pan, brewed up a Tuscan Chicken Soup with Fennel, and four large baked potatoes, and a Broccoli Frittata with Ricotta Cheese.  The potatoes were our supper, loaded with broccoli, some freshly cooked bacon crumbles, and extra-sharp cheddar cheese.  The soup and frittata will be another day's meals.  As of this writing, there's only two slender wedges of moist chocolate cake left.  We had some old mint chocolate chip ice-cream that needed to be eaten with the cake. 

Some roads were icy this morning as the front passed through dropping the daytime temperature from 57 to 27 last night.  Staying home was the safest decision.  Cliff's Station 17 after-Christmas gathering is tonight at Brother's Restaurant.  My fingers are crossed for better road conditions tonight because I'm mouth-watering for their blackened trout and broccoli dinner.  In the meantime, we've washed and dried two loads of laundry.  Earlier this afternoon I thought I'd get outside for a few minutes, walk around to break up the boredom so I bundled in my heavy-knit hat, fuzzy-lined boots, my winter jacket and headed down back to replenish two bird feeders.  Hungry birds have been hitting the three suet and all the feeders continuously.  Boy, was I glad to get back into the house and out of the cutting windchill.  That was the extent of my getting out of the house for a little exercise.  So I made us another cup of hot tea, settled on the couch in front of the fire, and watched a little of "The Crown".  Cliff's been watching episodes on Netflix for a few weeks now and really enjoys the series.  It doesn't hold my interest so if I'm sitting, I watch a bit of it and then find something else to do. 

So this is why I'm blogging today.  Nothing really to write about but it gave me something to do with my brain.  I've been going through my new 2018 seed catalogs penciling my wish list for spring planting.  On the few days when temperatures were in the 50's, I walked around the garden mentally making notes on what to change and what to keep.  My Zumba instructor is Lauria's age and wants to start gardening, too, so I'll share seeds with her and help her get started. 

So that's about it from the mountain.....................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog