Cliff has been taking online Con Ed hours not only to keep up his EMR certification but also because he loves that field, the women and men he responds with, and it keeps his brain sharp. He spent last Sunday online finishing his February course requirement and his 500-word essay. In March he'll register for his April course which will include material on congestive heart failure among other emergencies. Thank goodness for medical responders, flight medics, and all other medical personnel.  I couldn't do it. 

Talked to Michael, up in Ossipee, last weekend and he's thrilled to have been hired by Walgreens and put in the manager training program.  As soon as a position opens for a store manager, he'll get his own store but for now he'll continue as assistant manager in Ossipee.

December marked our tenth year of retirement in Murphy.  I've enjoyed the journey of making new friends and exploring new routes, the challenges of gardening on a mountainside and living with raccoons, possums, and bears.  The only thing I've really missed during our time here is my "ladies night out".  Once a month, except for the summer months, we teachers would meet at the Olive Garden in Orange City, Florida to unwind, laugh, and share stories over a glass of wine.  A few times here some of the ladies on the mountain got together for lunch but it didn't hit the spot for me.  Nothing jelled. So I never went again, until last month when five of us gym ladies set a Wednesday lunch date at the Murphy Chop House.  Judy and I Zumba together.  Judy's a few years younger than me.  Bobbi, late 70's,  Edith, I think is 80, and Gail, 82, all do cardio on the treadmill and lift weights in the weight room.  We decided to get together last month to cheer Edith up and lift her spirits after she recovered from a respiratory virus and lost her appetite.  We enjoyed out impromptu get-together so much, we decided to meet monthly for lunch.  Today was my choice so I set the reservation for Bistro 29 in downtown Murphy.  After seeing Edith's plate, there is no doubt that her appetite has returned.  Laughter is the best medicine.

At 4 pm today our high reached 50 with bright sunshine all day.  The ups and downs in the barometric pressure have been challenging on my joints this winter. I skipped the gym Monday, went to my doctor for an inflamed right hand just to make sure I was doing everything I should to avoid inflammation damage in the wrist. If I catch it immediately, the recovering is quicker.   I do lots of Epsom soaks to bring the inflammation down.  Thank goodness for Epsom and Motrin.  Yesterday I took my first tai chi class at the gym.  Tai chi is an excellent flow for joints, very meditative and gentle.  Today I was back to Zumba and yoga, feeling great.

Cliff is napping on the couch.  I've got salmon marinating for our supper and will prepare fresh beets and greens for our veggie. 

The sun set today is 18:17:20.  Our daylight time is now 10h 53m 37s.  I enjoy seeing the sky become lighter earlier each morning and appreciate the sunlight longer each afternoon.  In about five weeks I'll be getting the hummingbird feeders out of storage. Life is good!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog