March 27

The weather has cooperated with our wishes allowing us to walk daily around the park.  The river is still high, thick with clay, and flowing rapidly.  Until you can reference the flow compared to an object, you don't realize how quickly it's moving.  While walking the river path, we noticed a lone duck, practicing social distancing, suddenly appear from under the bridge.  He just sat motionless allowing the flow of the  river to carry him along with no effort on his part.  I think I actually saw a lazy grin on his face. He quickly approached some swirling rapids and a bridge abutment.  Cliff and I stood in wonder to see how he was going to maneuver that one.  Just as he got to the swirling rapid, he tilted to his left and smoothly caught the rapid missing the concrete abutment with no effort then straightened up and let the river continue carrying him lazily away again, never missing a beat or moving a feather.  What a life!



March 28

To get out of the house today we drove over to the Ocoee River Gorge.  There were a few people riding rapids in their kayaks but no group rafting.
Trying to keep my balance in the wind.  Yoga tree poses.

This was the side of the mountain that crumbled blocking the road for four months about five years ago.

In the afternoon Cliff put on the new porch door and adjusted the hinges.

We still have a few things to do including painting the trim and a new coat on the inside door.



March 31
 Today I'm extremely bored!  The cold front brought rainy cloudy cold air so I'm stuck inside.  I texted Lauria that I need Benjamin to play Scrabble with me.  The older children would defeat me within minutes and crush my psyche.  Cliff is not a game player.  I may have to break out the brownie mix..........

April 1
Happy April Fool's Day and Lauria turns 52!!! today................OMG!!

I don't know much about alcohol, only how to enjoy my red and white wines.  With the scarcity of disinfectants and hand sanitizers, I've been doing research for CDC and WHO approved effective DIY hand sanitizers and disinfectant sprays.  Yesterday I purchased 100 proof Vodka, not knowing that wasn't the alcohol %  per volume.  Today we headed back to ABC Liquors and told the clerk why I wanted the Vodka.  From under the counter she brought up a huge glass bottle of 190 proof Everclear grain alcohol and said that's what I needed for DIY disinfecting recipes. 


When mixing with high % Isopropyl, use gloves.

BASIC AND EASY DIY HAND SANITIZER

1.  Pour 1/3 cup Aloe Vera Gel into a blender.  Rinse the measuring cup.
2.  Pour 2/3 cup alcohol (91% or higher Isopropyl or 190 proof Everclear grain alcohol) into a 
    measuring cup.
3.  Add small amounts of alcohol at a time into the blender, blending each addition well. Any solids 
     formed may be strained out.  I didn't have this problem.
4.  Add 5-8 drops essential oil and blend , if fragrance is desired.
5.  Pour into desired container.  Shake well with each use.

It works and the Aloe Vera soften the skin.  




VODKA DISINFECTANT SPRAY

3/4 cup Vodka (60%) Everclear is best.
1/4 cup water
15 drops essential oils

lavender, thyme, tea tree, thieves are good choices due too antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.

Mix in your spray bottle.  Spray on surfaces and allow to dry.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog