Hannah picked up her yoga mat and moved to the Roanoke, VA area in January.  I used to drive to Brasstown Tuesday evening to enjoy her instruction for gentle yoga, a wonderfully calming way to settle in for the evening.  Her voice is soothing and her sense of humor enlightening.  A couple of weeks ago I found out she has been doing an online 7:30 am wake-up yoga session daily.  Now I join her her group every morning that I can.  For some reason, which neither Cliff not I can understand, the session won't play on my iPad but will play on my laptop.  Weather permitting, Hannah's instruction is performed on her open porch in Virginia, undercover porch in the rain, with birds singing good morning and the cicada chorus loudly trying to outdo the birds. The freedom of stretching, breathing, and welcoming the day outside sparked a vision of a yoga deck overlooking my garden.
Cliff couldn't square the corners because the tree was in the way so he used a different strategy.
Digging in the concrete hard clay with large embedded tree roots was a challenge too.



This is the tree that he topped back in early March.  It's filling out nicely. It should.  It rains all the time.

                                     one view from the deck



He's quite proud as he did the whole deck on Saturday without an angry word. Staining will have to wait until the wood is completely dry.  
We'll do the rock and mulching slowly.  I love it!!! If I'm not in the kitchen, I can usually be found outside.  We can put our garden chairs here too and watch the Swiss chard and kale grow.  






l

Comments

Popular posts from this blog