I figured I'd sit early to blog since I don't seem to settle long enough at the computer during the summer months.  Every time the computer does a big update, all the familiarity is gone and I have to navigate around looking for new ways to post what used to do easily.  There was another big update last night.  Our days are full and we move slower.  I really dislike moving slower but it's been advised to keep me from bumping elbows when speeding through doorways or bruising a shin when not paying attention to where I'm heading.  Every bump, bruise and slight cut on the arm or leg when working in the yard sets off inflammation.  So I'm mindful of my moves.  

Early morning temperatures have been surprisingly pleasant.  This morning is 67 degrees, humid with fog settling in.  We can't remember the last time the sunrise has greeted us.  Every morning is either very foggy or covered with thick rain clouds waiting to empty on us.  It's been a challenging garden spring/summer without the 6-8 hours of required sun for blooms and growth.  In the spring the greens did well as they can produce with less sun, some preferring shade.  By the end of July every year the lower garden is full of flowers for the hummingbirds and honey bees and beautiful butterflies.  This year there are fewer blooms.  We've only seen a handful of honey bees and only one or two butterflies sipping nectar.  We do have our usual hummingbirds tapping whatever open flowers they can find.  

Cliff cutting his first ripe tomato from the seven foot plant.

Sprinkling the forbidden salt on his tomato sandwich...........

Nothing like a fresh cut sun-warmed tomato sandwich!

I had planned on blogging more but have been at this since 6:30 this morning between breakfast bites trying to find photos since the update so will close and try again later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog