It's been cold! Nights and days.  I've had to jump right into warm shower upon waking to get the kinks out of my joints and relax the muscles.  The good days still outnumber the challenging ones.  Today we have sunshine and the temperature rose all the way to 47.  The last couple of days were truly winter days with dark heavy clouds, cold breezes, and mid-thirty highs.  On those days, I don't go out.  I stay in and make soup and biscuits and chocolate cake and wrap myself up in my "enchilada" electric blanket.

soft minky-like outside with Sherpa inside.  Even when the heat isn't on, it's the most comforting wrap.

No, this is not a large teddy bear with glasses................... Cliff getting ready to face the winter air.

Ecstatic that I'm not venturing outside.................
 

Mark gave him the hat one Christmas about ten years ago to keep his neck and head warm in all kinds of cold weather.  He goes to the Cherokee Health Department Tuesday for his first Covid vaccine for 75+ years of age and medics.  I don't know when  I can get mine.  Our Covid numbers are sky-rocketing daily which was expected due to Christmas and New Years.  We just continue to stay on our property and make as few trips out for essentials as possible.  We have a few restaurants that feel safe and we usually eat when the restaurant first opens and nobody else is there.  


 Our Christmas gift to each other.  Another Kia.  This time a 2021 Sportage with all the bells and whistles and my favorite, heated seats. So nice for our aging hips on cold days.  It's smaller than the Sorento but has all the room we need. We love it.



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog