Rained all night and most of the morning.  Porch is starting to show areas of drying but we can't stain yet because the wet is all through the wood.  No sun again today.  Clouds are heavy and grey and humidity is high.  Temperature is 76 degrees with 81% humidity.  This morning before heading to the gym, I visited the sopping mushy garden and encouraged the plants to hang in there.  This won't last forever.  The zucchini plant is humongous and both summer squash and zucchini have multiple large open blooms with noisy fat bumble bees visiting and pollinating. I commended them for a job well-done and told them to keep up the good work. 

The garlic have been removed from my Jacuzzi bathroom.  They are the smallest saddest garlic I've ever harvested

 This October  new cloves will be planted in a better area, I hope, with longer sunshine hours. unless we have a wet dreary winter.  Since the soil is so wet and easier to pull weeds, this afternoon I spent time in the garden weeding.  I almost had sunshine peeking through the grey clouds mixed with showers while I turned over the compost and thought about where to plant some fall Swiss chard. 

Cliff spent the day with his friend, Dutch.  Finally, after over a week of dizziness and fatigue, he had a better day.  Sometimes life just isn't fair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog