There's not an abundance of energy or movement in the house today.  When Cliff went for his chemo Monday morning, I drove to Walgreens for my third Moderna vaccine.  By evening he was feeling the normal fatigue set in and I began experiencing the dreaded vaccine effects.  His joints and bones began their aching routine and I never slept from eleven on.  Along with every joint and muscle in my body yelling at me, I had quite a stiff neck and painful headache that radiated down into my shoulders.  I never have headaches so I have empathy for people who suffer from migraines now.  My dear friend, Barb, baked yesterday and brought us "meals-on-wheels" in the afternoon. She and I share lots of likes.  She's happiest with her hands in the garden soil and creating palate pleasers in the kitchen.  Her basket of goodies included a meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes with cheese and bacon toppings, deviled eggs, chocolate chip cookies, and cooked apple slices.  Cliff was in heaven.  It was perfect because we were both hungry but not enough energy between the both of us to think of making a meal.  

We recently had the big bathroom updated.

                                                              before
 

                                              new floor



                                                            now

New barn-wood look floor, vanity and top, high-rise toilet for us aging people, and Bona Fide beige painted walls.  We kept the large mirror because we like it. I love the warmth of the beige walls.  We're happy with the update and throwing things away so the bathroom stays fresh and clean feeling.  The doors are also painted beige. Cliff decided that because everything looks so clean and neat that he would throw away most of the old jeans and items hanging on the back of the bathroom door.  The hooks have collected old torn staining jeans, a old belts and t-shirts.  I saw him throw away one belt.  Actually, I remember seeing about eight belts.

He said these were still good.............  They're gone!!!

 Our back porch resembles a typical rural NC porch with a toilet, an old microwave oven, a sink, and other broken items.  We used to drive out to Andrews and dispose of larger junk ourselves at the landfill but Cliff doesn't have the strength anymore so we're going to have it hauled away. Things that are in good shape we donate to our humane societies.




Comments

Unknown said…
New bathroom looks awesome!!

Popular posts from this blog