This morning the three of us planned to meet for "coffee"at Ingles.  The three being me, Retired Nurse Susan, and M A MaryAnne.  In my cell phone directory they are noted as RN Susan and M A.  Coffee is in quotes because none of us drink coffee but it started that we would meet at Ingles, grab a Starbucks, and chat.  None of us like Starbucks and refuse to pay that kind of money for a cup of coffee.  McDonalds has senior coffee for about 57 cents.  We have had the hardest time coordinating our schedules for weeks just to get together for about an hour and chat.  Over the weekend M A fell and injured her shoulder, ended up in a sling for six weeks and told to rest and no driving.  RN Susan's husband fell and bruised his knees so badly that his mobility was unstable.  Cliff is always an hour by hour issue so at any time we three know that "coffee" may be rescheduled.  So not meeting for coffee allowed me to fill the Jacuzzi with lavender Epsoms and soak.  My shoulders and wrists were aching the past few days.  I had only been relaxing about five minutes when I heard gagging and regurgitation sounds coming from the living room.  The antibiotic is harsh and it's difficult for him to eat or drink.  

After the short soak I drove the red Toyota to a mattress store and bought a new metal frame for his bed.  The bed is much too high for him to safely get out of now.  Bill,the chicken neighbor, helped break down the bed frame and assemble the metal frame, put the mattress back in place.  I vacuumed and washed the floor, washed the sheets and mattress pad, which ripped apart in the drier and had to be tossed into a large black trash bag which will go to the landfill tomorrow.  Tomorrow I'll deal with all the boxes that were stored under the high-rise bed.  Tonight I'm done.  A neighbor up the road texted me this evening asking how things were at the house.  I just texted back "challenging!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog