Ooooooo...............

                                                           Yikes!


 

What is this white stuff??????????

For ten days around Christmas I was care-giver to Bill and Lisa's chickens.  The first four mornings were brutally cold.  Temps dipping to one degree. Their water container was frozen but the silly birds were nice and warm.  I only collected seven or eight eggs on those days. On the morning that it snowed they were cautious about feet touching the cold wet snow and when they did, they took flight loudly flapping their wings and looking for a dry safe place to perch.  I wish I could have snap a pic of them in flight but I was too busy getting out of their flight pattern.  Every morning I let them out of the pen while I cleaned and refreshed the water and filled the food.  They followed me around clucking and talking.  Once I had done the chicken chores, I shook the huge plastic zip-lock bag containing a chopped up salad that Lisa had made up for me before she left and they rushed back into their enclosed pen leaping up to the bag for the salad bits.  No manners.  They even know the sound of the bag unzipping. Salad bits and chunks got dumped in the large plastic plate and the feeding frenzy began.  I counted twice to make sure I had all twelve locked in.  Eggs were collected about mid-day in the cold weather finding only seven or eight. Late afternoon I checked water again and said "good night. see you in the morning."  This diversion from my life right now was unexpectedly pleasant and welcomed.  I enjoyed them so much.  When the weather warmed up, I cleaned their roosting boxes and the coop floor spreading new material for them.  A couple came into the coop at the sight of the new floor and scratched and fluffed and talked.  I never realized how therapeutic this would be for me.  

The old red Toyota. Cliff's fire truck, needed to be driven.  Mark drove it one day during the time he was here.  Bags of trashed and recycle glass and plastics were piling up and needed to go to the transfer station.  I figured it was time for me to become one with the old Toyota and get used to her different feel.  There's no back-up camera and the accelerator pedal has a different touch.  She handles differently from the Kia and there's no warming to the seats.  So I drove her to dump trash, to Walgreens, then Wally World, the Post Office and home getting used to navigating without my back-up camera and other luxuries.  She treated me well and I'm comfortable now behind her wheel.  I'm going to clean her up since she's my new ride.

While in town doing errands I decided to walk Konehetee and hopefully not have the skies open up.


 

I made it just in time.  Felt good to out walking again.

Yesterday Cliff went to the doctor to get some issues settled.  He has some work to do like get off the couch and walk around on the porch in the nicer weather, pour himself a drink instead of asking me for everything.  He's lost muscle mass from not moving and it's caused lots of other issues.  The doc told him to take care of himself because he's causing his physical discomfort.  If he doesn't get up and move he'll become a fall risk.  It was a relief for me to hear that his discomfort was not cancer caused.  It's been weighing on me and I'm tired because I felt helpless.  So he needs to step up and do as the doctor recommended to feel better.  It's challenging but he can do it.


I don't proof read anymore...........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog