" I can't get you out of my heart.  Without you I'm lonely.  My heart wants you only."  Ti amo,-ti voglio, amor   Jerry Vale  I listen to Italian songs on my Pandora all the time.  

We're in for a week of rainy days, not continuous rain so it's not bad, just typical Spring rainy periods.  It's not cold so I'm thrilled.  This is my time of year.  The past couple of days the trees have exploded with new green leaves.  Feels like a topical rain forest which I love.  My gardens are happy. Nights are warmer, fifties and sixties, and weeds are running the show.  It's only been a couple of weeks since my Carolina wrens fledged from their covered porch nest and a new nest is under construction in the geranium window box.  Luckily the house staining didn't interfere with the building.  Sonny removed the box and placed it under trees while staining the front south side of the house returning the box before he left Thursday.  This morning while preparing crock pot chicken thighs I notice the building had resumed.  

Sonny and his crew were here Thursday morning at eight to stain.  Ladders went up and they began on the south side of the house, moved to the east side which faces the road, onto the north side then the west which is covered.  By 2:30 they had also finished the porch ceiling, the rails and porch floor working onto the open floor.  He asked how I wanted the kitchen exit and steps handled because that's the only egress.  I explained that Cliff and I always did every other steps, let them dry, then finished by placing a shoe on the dry steps to walk on.  Weather app showed rain the next day but late afternoon.  That night I woke and thought "mmm.....that sounds like rain!"  It rained all night.  I told Sonny I would stain the last few steps. He brought me a clean brush and picked up his check.  So wonderful to have that done.  It's beautiful..........I'm pleased.

 

The ceiling was so dry it took a couple of gallons to correct it.  Done for a couple of years.  

The kitchen garden that was near the steps is gone. Charlie pulled is apart for me.  It was about thirteen years old and gave me lots of shady herbs and veggies.......and pleasure.

Bought this native blazing orange azalea this afternoon. With all the rain coming it's a good time to dig into this hard clay and set it in the woods. 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog