Cookie recipe

Just made the cinnamon cookie recipe for today's cinco de mayo fiesta and need to post what I changed in the recipe for a better dough texture. My dough did not form into a good firm dough so I added about another 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar (not flour), a little at a time, to the batter until I got the dough firmness I desired. The cookies rolled nicely and I like the smooth silky feeling of the dough. Kids could roll these because the dough didn't stick to my hands. Also, the full cup of conf. sugar for rolling the cookies in is too much and is wasted unless you save it to use in something else. I had to bake them for the full 20 minutes in my oven. For cooks who touch their baking food quickly, like I do, to check for bounce and doneness, this is not recommended for this recipe. The conf. sugar sticks to your finger not matter how quickly you poke the cookie and it leaves a blistered burn! But the cookies are delicious!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog