HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CLIFF

I believe she's gone....................migrated south.  This morning she appeared quietly around 7:30 perching on a thin branch near the back porch.  I just happened to get a glimpse of her.  Yesterday morning she chittered wildly.  I told her I knew it time for her to go.  She was the last to leave.  I sighted her once hitting a feeder in the late afternoon.  And as she did last year, she left again on Cliff's birthday.


We've watched them and enjoyed their antics for six months.  During the months of July, August, and part of September, I boiled their sugar water daily and kept the feeders free of mold.  We sat silently on the open porch each morning with our coffee waiting for tiny wing sounds or chittering as they approached the feeders hungry after a night of deep sleep.  During the day, they tapped the red trumpet flowers, perched on branches, and chased each other fighting over territories. Our hummingbirds brought us such enjoyment, but now it's time for them to entertain others further south.  Somewhere in Central America people are waiting and watching for their hummingbirds to return for six months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog