So.............this morning I went to Dr. Nuelle's office in Blairsville, GA to see why my shoulder is causing such pain 24/7.  I toss and thrash all night waking every couple of hours.  Both knees yell at me.  My wrists burn and arm muscles are tight and achy.  The only joints that don't hurt are ankle and toes.  Dr. Nuelle very recently moved his office from the Riverstone Clinic in Blue Ridge, GA to the Blairsville Hospital and is still in the process of getting his rooms and equipment in place.  While Cliff and I were in the waiting room, this overweight disheveled custodial looking male asked the receptionists at the front desk if anyone had seen his keys.  They were in his pocket and now they're gone.  How does that happen?  For about 10 minutes he walked up and down the hall, finally borrowed the office staff keys and got into closets and rooms he needed to access.  I looked at Cliff and whispered that I hoped he wasn't the doctor!  The nurse brought me to a room and told me the doctor would be in shortly.  Meanwhile this disheveled person wearing a turquoise shirt and jeans is still trying to get things together in the new office.  About 10 minutes after being ushered into my exam room, the turquoise shirt appears at my door, picks up my chart, walks into my exam room, and asks how he can help me today!  I hope I held my poker face!  Dr. Nuelle showed me a bone spur in the x-ray and said there is arthritis in that shoulder and that I'm getting rusty!  My muscle injury that I did at the gym months ago healed and muscle fibers were all in tact.  He said hands are the mirror of what's happening within a body and it's obvious I have arthritis.  To avoid arthritis, we need to pick better parents.  When I asked him about continuing my step aerobic, Pilates, and yoga classes, he advised me to do what doesn't hurt.  He doesn't tell his patients they have to stop their activities, but counsels them to find out what their threshold of pain is and use common sense. The "custodian" did a good job of giving me my first ever cortisone injection and sent me home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog