OK, we've had our snow, icy roads, and frigid cold.  I'm done with winter.  Bring on spring.
I made my list, checked it twice, and sent in my order.
Bought a lot of my old favorites and added some new vegetables.  Cherokee Purple is an old Cherokee heirloom tomato, pre-1890.  Also trying Tomato Blue Berries which are rich in anthocyanins due to their dark purple color.  Komatsuma is an Oriental green good for stir-frying or salads, Shoigon, a small Japanese mild-tasting turnip that I prefer sliced in salads instead of cooking them, and Crosby's Egyptian beets are a few of the new seeds for this year's garden.  My brain is hyped and each time I walk down to the compost pile with the kitchen peelings, I can visualize the bare clay clumps and the rocks that I'll pick out again and my mushroom compost in the wheel barrow reading to enrich the garden.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog