I feel like a traitor.  We skipped our Murphy farmers market and drove to Blairsville to the Union County farmers market which offers much more than ours.  I don't know the reason behind the mayor not supporting our local market but each year fewer and fewer vendors set up at the L & N Depot.  Seven-and-a-half years ago vendor tents surrounded the depot building and filled the paved parking area.  There were at least a half-dozen different tents with farm produce, an area set aside for small livestock and poultry sales, pottery, and many other crafts.  Now on a good Saturday, there's less than half of what there used to be.  The Union County market has three open buildings with ninety sites where vendors back their vehicles up to their covered site and sell tailgate style or set up at tables.  I found "Bring Home the Bakin' " which is all gluten free baked goods.  I bought two scones and lemon square.  Mmmmmmm!   We met Barb and Mike in the parking lot.  Barb bought two pounds of okra for pickling. Tuesday morning I'll cut my garden dill and we'll pickle at her house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog