Had a three-month follow-up with the doctor this morning.  I've so-o-o- careful about watching what I consume because I had easily gained four pounds in a short span and that weight put more stress on the knees and ankles.  I weighed myself at home before going so I knew what I had lost but when the adorable young nurse did my weigh-in and kept moving the weight higher and higher I hoped the scale was off balance.  The doctor had quietly walked up behind me and placed his foot on the scale.  He said he just couldn't resist the temptation and was testing my mood.  Visit was great and don't have to return until September unless I do something careless and injure myself.  I'm trying to behave.


Cliff helped me construct a rustic bottle tree.  This is before John and Carolyn's weekend with us.


By the time they left...............
Not really.  A few of the bottles I had saved but hadn't removed labels yet.  But we did enjoy our wine and cheese on the back porch.
When I find another large branch shape that intrigues me, I'll have Cliff work with me to design a second one.

Picked two bowls of yellow beans.

Made Yellow Beans with Garlic with the first picking.

Yesterday morning a buck and his three does were down near the garden munching whatever greens they munch on.  Since fencing the garden, it's been off limits to the deer.  I bought a new repellent from Wayne's that deters bunnies, deer, and squirrels but I have to be consistent with spraying after a rain.
This used to be a tomato plant and was doing quite well in the kitchen garden.
 Swiss chard going in another container near the house.   Forgot to spray them!

My best sunflower still standing after the windy thunderstorm last week.

I found wild blackberry bushes growing at the south end of my garden!  Cliff trimmed back some of the overgrowth to reveal blackberries beginning that are still "green."
He'll need to trim away more brush and we'll need to wear our tall rubber boots to get near the berries.  We don't know what's been hiding or living in that growth.

Another easy and deliciously refreshing recipe.
Sweet Savory Strawberries.................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog