Wednesday morning we took a trip to Crawdfordville, Florida (in the Panhandle) to visit Boni and Bill.  It's been a few years since we've seen them and Cliff needed to spend time with them one more time while he was feeling well enough to make the drive and enjoy their company.

 
  Larry Turner, Cliff, Bill Meddock

I taught 5th grade with Bill for years.  Larry and Bill taught together for most of their teaching careers.  Larry is a hoot and has me in stitches any time I'm with him.  Bill is an amazing woodworker who can build anything.  

                                       Ginger Turner, Boni Meddock, and me

When I first started teaching, I spent my first five years in first grade teaching with Boni.  Then went to second grade for one year, up to fourth grade for a few years until Bill talked me into stepping up to fifth grade with him.  It was with Bill and Boni that I really learned teaching tips. Ginger taught gifted students through her whole career.  

Cliff and I had such an enjoyable visit with them, eating out, learning a new card game and laughing. We haven't belly-laughed much lately so this was a healing time with friends.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog