It's 6:47 AM and CLiff is on his way to FL to retrieve some antennae equipment that's still on our property there. He planned on leaving around 4 AM to avoid the miserable Atlanta rush hour traffic. But about 2 AM I awoke to a sudden burst of chirp........chirp.......chirp. Which smoke alarm could it be? He changes the batteries every Christmas. Well, we figured maybe one battery thought it was already Christmas, maybe a spider had built a web in one and messed up the system (it happened in our FL house), or maybe (heaven forbid), the alarm was really alerting us of a carbon monoxide leak somewhere. So we got up, got dressed, stratigically stood where we could detect which one was chirping and plan our course of action. The sound was strongly coming from our closet even though there is no detector in the closet. Anyone who knows Cliff, knows that he has 4 or 5 "back-up" alarm clocks or other mechanical apparatus (apparati????)stored under clothes or tucked away "just in case." By now we're wide awake and Maxine is hiding under the bed because with all this movement, she's positive this is leading to another dreaded trip to Fl in the truck for her. The chirp.....chirp.....chirp continued as Cliff checked under things in the closet when I looked up at the ceiling and found the source of the chirp. The vacuum cleaner quickly removed the little white cricket. Now ...........a cricket in the house is supposed to be good luck......for who...the cricket of the people? Technically, the good luck cricket is still in our house.
Popular posts from this blog
We haven't had any rain in weeks and the next ten days show no rain in sight. Trees usually are bursting with fresh green leaves by this time but not leaves sprouting yet. I haven't planted any seeds in the big garden because it'll be too much work to keep that garden watered. I thought about building a raised garden to put by the porch stairs but that would mean power saws so that was out. I found that Lowe's had a 2' X 4' cedar planter kit in a box that I could assemble myself. I started assembling it on the porch with the intent of carrying it down to where I thought it would be best but plans changed. It's a tool-free frame assembly kit where all the parts are computer-driven cut and fit together without fastening. The instructions are the kind I like......no reading to confuse me, just pictures. After I assembled the whole bed, sides slats and all, it was too heavy for me and because it wasn't fast...
Deer helping me trim the tired summer plants. This is bunny's trademark. With seasonal changes happening animal diets have changed. Plants that have survived deer and bunny all summer are now their favorite foods. Lynn, who lives at the top of Clay Durrett next to Libby, has her cousin visiting for a few weeks from Lisbon, Portugal. He moved there a few years ago and absolutely loves living in Europe. The four of us have been eating out Friday nights. Steve is a hoot with a great sense of humor so he and I really hit it off together. He's a combination of Tommy Vanzini and Lance Hayes from my male friends back in Jr High and High school. So enjoyable to laugh at life again. He'll return to Lisbon later this week. Today TWC predicted only an 18% chance of rain. About an hour ago while talking to my sister on the phone it started pouring and so far the weather station console reported "raini...
Comments