Lauria & Jim

Lauria, Jim, and children arrived late Monday night after a lo-o-ng drive. Our weather was so beautiful this week that we were able to bring kids to the playground at Konehetee Park, walk around downtown Murphy, have ice-cream and buy fudge at one of the little shops. Daytime temperatures hit mid 80's. Lauria and I sat out on the porch and relaxed in our "no kid" zone while the children played with water. They watered every little plant container until the plants begged for mercy. Then they washed the porch floor, squirted each other, and filled little cups and dishes. We all walked down Boulder Creek Rd. to the bridge and saw the mountain stream. With such great weather, I cooked out on the grill and we celebrated Lauria's 42nd birthday with chocolate cake and noise makers. Since children don't make enough noise, we put beans in paper cups, wrapped the cups in masking tape, and shook them when we sang "Happy Birthday to you." Sophia wore her pink princess dress.......... her special dress that she wears to all birthday parties, as I was told. I remember my Mother asking me how I got to be in my 40's...................how quickly the years pass.

Olivia was our entertainment. No need for TV. She was a hoot! She toddled around or maneuvered on her knees to keep up with her brother and sisters. She pointed to things and shouted commands and called the cat "DOG DOG."

Also, during the stay, Jim got depressing word that his contract position folded and he went back to job hunting. Then good news, Lockheed Martin contacted him with a contract position to begin in two weeks.

Thursday we all went to the fire station and Cliff pulled out 1752 for the kids to see. He sounded the sirens and the horns and let the kids sit in the driver seat.

Friday I totally lost my voice.....I was speechless! How horrible. Cliff kept telling me not to talk, give my voice a rest.....I'm sure that's what he really meant. It was wonderful to have family here. I waited for the children to wake in the mornings and greet me with their happy faces. I enjoyed watching Grant eat strawberries with tall towers of whipped cream for breakfast. Hayden is beginning to read so she drew pictures and told me stories about her pictures.

Maxine was getting used to the little feet stepping on her tail so when they left Friday, she was bored and lonely, went from room to room looking for her companions.

Comments

ralph said…
what a great time we had! you can post some photos of the kids, if you want. thanks, again for having us. :)
Betsy said…
oh, goody........

Popular posts from this blog