"Our task must be to free ourselves..........by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."  ~Albert Einstein 



It's been over three weeks since we've had a tuna sandwich.  I haven't been able to open a can because not having Max under my feet meowing and waiting for her tuna juice would have been too painful.   Going down to the garden without her has been the biggest challenge but her little cat spirit is there with me.  Lettuce, spinach, and Swiss chard are almost ready to be picked.


The wire cages are covered each night and sheers pulled back every morning to let the air flow around the leaves.  I'm picking the last of the poblano, sweet banana, and green peppers from the summer garden and have the last two tomatoes ripening on the window sill.  Winter squash and gourds still remain on their vines soaking up the sun.  I planted the morning glories a little late but it's a welcomed sight to be greeted by their pink and purple flowers when I go down to the garden each day.


New onions popping up.  I also planted broccoli and cabbage but the deer have nibbled all the leaves off because I didn't include those plants in wire cages.  Onions aren't appealing to their taste buds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog