With every trip to Wally World, I browse the fabric section.  Our Murphy store still has quite a large variety of fabrics, patterns, and notions.  The other day I fell in love with two pieces of cotton fabric with whimsical designs and bought both to make myself an apron.  To make the cutting time more efficient, the fabric was folded in half and placed one on top of the other (coffee cups on top of the chickens) carefully matching the folds.  The coffee cups direction didn't matter but the chickens were all going in one direction.  I placed the apron pattern on the material but decided to change the direction of the pattern piece for a more efficient use of the materials.  I needed to get the ties and the neck strap from this yardage also.  After fitting all the pattern pieces on the material,  I was pleased with the way they fit and cut everything out.  Then I went to put the two pieces together for my reversible apron and this is what I found.
upside down chickens
reversed coffee cups side

Also, I made this apron longer than I wanted it.  The back ties are too far down.  It would fit a taller person much better.  I wish I knew of a tall person who likes upside-down chickens and wants a FREE apron.


Comments

ralph said…
I WOULD LOVE A FREE SCREWED UP APRON! it would be GREAT to wear while "processing" chickens! ha!
Betsy said…
was hoping you wanted it! will mail it to you. i may name my hacienda The Upside Down Chicken Farm.
ralph said…
oh, that would be hysterical! i like it. the upside down chicken farm!

Popular posts from this blog