HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!  this is a few hours early.......I'll be celebrating tomorrow so won't be blogging.

Yesterday was gloomy and raw.  Today the temperature flirted with the forty-degree mark.  Too early for this kind of cold weather. 

I realize Thanksgiving hasn't even arrived yet, but I'm listening to Christmas Choral music on my Pandora station.  Christmas music warms the air and brings peace to our tired spirits.  Today while we were out doing errands, Cliff received a phone call from the nursing home informing him that his mother will be moved to the Alzheimer unit on Monday.  She has dementia with Lewy Bodies, a very progressive form of the disease, and will get the attention she needs in that part of the facility.  Yesterday when we visited her, the progression was obvious, disturbing and sad.  Tomorrow we'll visit her in the morning when she is at her "best" because as afternoon rolls around, Sundowners Symptoms kick in and she becomes more anxious, aggressive, and confused. 

"So walk with me,
hold my hand,
let us say good-bye,
say good-bye to meet again." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog