Weather was delightful today, a 70 degree high by 3 pm, and breezy.  Cliff loosened some garden soil for me this afternoon so I could set some garlic cloves for spring garlic.  I put in eighteen cloves and will cover the area with leaves before the freezing cold winter temps set in.  I actually had the screen door open for a couple of hours while I baked.  Found an intriguing recipe in my December/January issue of Mother Earth News. I blogged earlier about a big green squash that was part of my CSA delivery.  A retired friend, Karen in Florida, informed me that I could cut it in half and bake it and was going to do that when I found a Thai soup recipe that cooks in the squash.  The squash serves as a tureen and you ladle the soup right from the cooked squash.

Cut the top off as if you were making a Halloween pumpkin and clean out the slime and seeds.
Follow the recipe and
pour the soup mixture into the squash.  Bake for about an hour until squash is soft but not too soft or the tureen will cave in.
We ate a small bowl of the Thai soup tonight with cod baked in milk like my brother-in-law, Vic, does and fresh green beans.  Excellent and a fun way to make soup.  I'll post the recipe in Recipes later.

I felt quite well today.  This morning did low impact step aerobics, Pilates, and yin yoga (slow and holding postures for about a minute to allow stretching).  I may pay for all this activity tonight when I sleep but it was so worth it to feel energetic and be free of aching joints and muscles.

Cliff visited his mother at the home this morning.  She's enjoying the Animal Planet on TV, even though her attention only lasts for ten minutes, and watching the birds come to the feeder. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog