Monday morning I went on a search for a dive right on the ocean where the salty air would brush my cheeks and sea birds could watch me eat scallops or mussels or  white fish.  A better variety of restaurants exists up the road in Cocoa and I found a half-dozen on Glen Cheek Rd near the cruise terminals.  On our way we passed "I Dream of Jeanie" Lane, lots of touristy t-shirts stores, where I stopped and bought one for our great-grandson, Christopher, and deep-sea fishing charter places.
With a name like Fishlips, I had to eat there.  Quiet seating was on the lowest floor, inside seating on the street-level floor and noisy, lively covered deck seating was available on the top floor.  Up the stairs we went to the open covered deck.
There was my sea-bird perched on the sill waiting for me.
Patrick Air Force Base is near our condo and a large group of uniformed men and women were dining upstairs adding to the chatter and laughter taking place.
                       Cliff's favorite, fish 'n chips.
My choice was a couple dozen mussels in a garlic-wine broth
and a garden salad.
From our seat we could watch the cruise ships and container freighters.

Best day so far........................






Comments

Popular posts from this blog