A few weeks ago we drove to Florida for our grandson's wedding.  Richard and Sarah decided on a romantic sunset wedding on the inter-coastal in Osprey.  John and Carolyn invited us to stay with them at their time-share in Lake Buena Vista, which is two hours north of Osprey.  Thinking about how hot it was going to be in the middle of June, Cliff bought a nice short-sleeve dress shirt, tie, and dress pants.  His new dress pants had to happen as he couldn't fit in his existing ones.  A few days before our travel, we found out that we were to be included in the wedding photos.  We headed to the mall in Cleveland, TN, about an hour drive, bought a light weight summer sport jacket and another dress shirt that was more suitable with the new jacket.

Also, about two weeks before our travel date, I ordered a pair of black dress wedge sandals with bling on the straps and a pair of fun canvas slip-ons from DSW.  Delivery date was 4-7 business days.  Our closest DSW is in Chattanooga, TN (1.5 hrs away) and we didn't want to drive there.  I use DSW for the points I accumulate toward $10 certificates.  The fun summer slip-ons arrived in 5 days.  By Wednesday before our Saturday travel date, still no dressy bling sandals.  I called a DSW representative and told my whole saga.  When he got into my account, he told me that my bling sandals were on back order and couldn't be shipped.  I had never received an email or any notification.  He remained online with me and helped me find another pair that would be suitable and told me they would be shipped FREE of charge overnight.  Thursday evening came, no shipment arrived.  I gave it til Friday noon, still no shipment.  Back on the phone when another rep told me the sandals were shipped from a different distribution center and were on the way.  I would receive them Saturday afternoon..........when we were half-way to Lake Buena Vista.  Now..........I wasn't aware we had any shoe stores in Murphy other than Walmart.  A friend told me to try Burlington, near our Walmart.  I thought that Burlington was only clothes.  Burlington is only shoes, lots of shoes.  I figured my chances of finding my size in a sandal that I liked was like winning the lottery.  I was pleasantly surprised to see a pair of low wedge black dressy summer sandals with bling, almost like the ones I ordered, and out of the only three pairs left was an 11!  The other two pair were an 8 and would you believe a 12!  I grabbed the box before anyone else could get near it, tried them on, and jogged to the register.  What a relief!

Friday evening we carefully and methodically packed our suitcases, making sure we had all wedding attire.  Saturday morning we headed south looking forward to our time with family and attending a wedding instead of a funeral.  Saturday evening Cliff moved his dress attire from the suitcase to the closet inspecting each piece to see what might need pressing on Sunday.  When he placed the hanger with dress pants in the closet, he noticed two pair of pants on the hanger and upon looking closer, he found he had lifted the wrong one from the home closet.  Sunday morning John drove us through the insane tourist traffic to a Kohls where Cliff bought another pair of dress pants. With all these new clothes he's recently purchased, he needs to be taking me out dancing.

Sunday evening at sunset.................
              Sarah and Richard exchanging vows.
              Dancing under the stars.
             John, Sarah, Richard, and Carolyn.
I didn't take as many pictures as I planned because the sun was setting into the camera.
              John and Mark with me.
            John and Mark with their father, Mark.
                                         The groom's family
Cliff, me. John, Carolyn, Richard, Beverly (Carolyn's mother), Kathy (Mark's wife), Mark, Chris (Richard's younger brother)

We spent the evening reminiscing about the old days, laughing about how much John and Mark sound and act like their father sometimes, and enjoying each others company.  We old folks stayed awake until 11, way past our bedtime. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog