The past week has been early "lazy hazy days of summer."  The humidity is nothing like Florida's, but after 6 1/2 years of NC mountain spring and summers, moist air makes us feel logy so here we sit on the back porch with our ice-coffee, on our laptops or reading, or just listening to nature.  We're due for thunderstorms later.  The gardens are dry.  This morning before heading to the gym I watered a few vegetables using my rain barrel supply.  I love that barrel!  Little things give me such pleasure. 

My kitchen is still in limbo.  The new counter top should be ready any day.  It'll be nice to be able to get some order back in the kitchen.  I bought an Italian pasta maker that is waiting to be used and as soon as the kitchen is finished and I can find things again, I'll be cranking out fresh pasta.  I have lush basil growing in a little kitchen garden by the porch.  Will make fresh marinara and angel hair pasta.  Actually, Cliff prefers olive oil with lots garlic on his spaghetti. 

Haven't set up at the Farmers Market in a couple of weeks.  This past week was our annual Boulder Creek board meeting on Saturday and I helped count the proxies and the ballots.  Things are running smoothly as the board members have changed in the past three years.  Cliff was voted in as secretary again. 

A couple of weeks ago at the Farmers Market I purchased some garlic scapes from a biodynamic farmer.  She explained that biodynamc farming strives to create a diverse, balance farm ecosystem by using fermented manure, minerals, and herbs to help restore and harmonize the vital life forces of the farm. 
         the leftover garlic scapes after making a pesto
                                         garlic scape pesto............great on flax crackers

Saturday we drive to Florida for our grandson, Richard's, sunset wedding in Osprey.   Looking forward to being with family, dancing, eating good food and drinking fine wine.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog