There are lots of things that come to my scattered mind for blogging, but I'd rather be outside so thoughts get neglected.  Sometimes I jot ideas down with the intention of writing later, but as time passes the thoughts seem mundane so don't get posted.

For about 5-6 weeks we've found the forest to be noticeably quieter, void of bird movement and song.  The birds have been preoccupied with nest building, housekeeping duties, and incubating.  This past week the clamor and the movement throughout the trees returned.  Parents are feeding their hungry young and supervising the fledglings, talking and encouraging them to fly. It's comical to hear the young with their high pitched crackly voices that sound like pubescent teens.  Their parents are probably exhausted from the constant feedings and are looking forward to the empty nest.  Even our two hummingbirds were scarce during this time.  We've never seen or been aware of baby hummers.  We're told by others who have seen them come to their feeders, that the babies look like bumble bees and are more aggressive than the adults. 

This afternoon I visited Tri-Country Community College's cosmetology department and had a pedicure for Richard and Sarah's wedding on Sunday.  This was a real treat for me as I've never had one done for a couple of reasons.  As a person who spends most of her life barefoot and enjoys working in the garden, I always felt it would be a waste of $$$$.  But now pedicures are on my bucket list.  I do step-aerobics/Pilates/yoga at PARC gym with Elena, an energetic young Russian  woman who is taking cosmetology at TCCC. We laughed and talked while she massaged my feet and applied the nail enamel.  She chose the color and supplied the beach flip-flops because my sandals would have smudged the toes.  As she painted on the red enamel, she said "your feet look cute."  There is one thing for sure...........feet in our family are not cute!
Lauria and I can attest to that! Here are my cute feet with the TCCC flip-flops.  I'm hooked! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog