At 4:40 Wednesday morning I woke to the sound of our Generac running.  Cliff heard it kick on at 4.  We were under a winter storm warning and assumed the power outage was storm related.  When we got up at 6, I put my coffee on and Cliff drove down to the end of Boulder Creek Road to find no trees down on power lines or vehicles hugging power poles.  When we listened to our power provider's frequency, the outage included many neighboring towns and cities.  Power was out for over 5 hours.  This is the second time the generator kicked in the eight months that we've had it. It was convenient to be able to watch TWC, have our internet, and especially, have my morning coffee.  Don't mess with my morning coffee.  The only thing we couldn't do was flush because we're on a  well so Cliff drove down to the cascading creek and filled two buckets with fresh water to pour in the commodes.  Problem solved.
Same day.  Rhubarb wishing for spring.


Today was spring-like.  Sunshine and 56 degrees took me outside to clean the grill, cut down small trees, and clip brambles before they started spreading.  I cook out on the grill all winter so it needed a good cleaning.  The day lilies are poking through the dead leaves.  I planted daffodil bulbs in the fall but no sign of them yet.  Blooms on the Cleveland pear trees along the 4-lane are beginning to open.  Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny and 63.

My sister suggested we build a garden patio area  so I could have my afternoon tea with my garden in view.  I had thought of that but with the knowledge Cliff and I have about constructing things, I was afraid I might end up rolling into the garden with my pinkie finger up while sipping my afternoon tea.

Made a delicious hummus recipe.  Easy and a great late afternoon snack with crackers.
I use a whole head of garlic instead of 2 or 3 like the recipe calls for and smoked paprika sprinkled on top.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog