Late this afternoon, as I stood at the sink cutting broccoli florets for a soup, with an eye on the recently hung hummingbird feeder for a glimpse of our first hummingbird, and in a trance with relaxing Pandora music, I received a call from Laura.  (Not Lauria) Her voice was melodic and sweet and she spoke to me as if I were her best friend.  I asked her who she was and did she have the wrong number.  She recited that she was calling to inform me of the availability of a state burial!  State burial!!  I'm making a healthy detox broccoli soup.  I went to my Zumba and yoga classes this morning!  My turnips and Swiss chard are in the garden waiting to be fertilized.  She obviously had the wrong number.  I'm not going anywhere!  CLICK!!!

Still no hummingbird sightings, but in the early morning just as the eastern sky shows a glimmer of blue, the forest is alive with bird songs.  This is my favorite time of year.  Standing on the porch in  morning darkness listening for the first morning song and with every minute of added light, the chorus fills the forest. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog