Valentine's Day on the mountain.

That's as far as I got when the computer quit, died, rolled over on its back, belly up.  Thursday we drove to Canton, GA to our nearest Best Buy store where the computer selection was larger.  I stood and watched while Cliff studied the computers looking for one that would fit my simple needs; blogging, emails, Amazon Prime and Jet online shopping, and once in awhile playing Cowboy Rummy.  It's nothing like picking out a new car where I choose the interior and exterior colors, look at the design lines, and all the dashboard gadgets.  Whatever he chose, I nodded my head in agreement.  My new HP computer is up and running and I'm getting used to the new feel of the sleek keyboard.  It's a good thing I'm married to a computer geek because I'd be lost.  I told him that I feed him a good healthy diet and take him to the gym with me so we can live a long life together and he can keep me technologically savvy.

So, back to Valentine's Day.  We enjoyed a lovely lunch at the Chop House, complements of John and Carolyn's Christmas gift card, then stopped at Wayne's Feed Store for a load of mushroom compost, in lieu of a dozen red roses. 
In my glory in my Valentine Day garb.
At least seven wheelbarrow loads later.  Cliff shoveled the compost from his Toyota and I spread it in the raised beds.  We did it in two separate days, two loads dumped into the Toyota, to avoid suffering any aches or pains.   Balancing my workload has been quite an accomplishment for me because I've always done chores and tasks with vigor.  We were able to get the compost in the garden between rain showers.  The raised beds need the Mantis run through but we're still getting daily showers and the soil is too wet to turn.  Temperatures have been unbelievably wonderful lately.  Even with the thick cloud cover, today's temperature hit 65 by 3 pm.  While having a cup of tea on the back porch this afternoon, I watched as a squall line bringing more rain, made its way through the swaying trees.  Tuesday we'll take a short break from this rainy weather and head to Charleston. SC where the sun is still shining.  We'll walk Folly Beach, eat seafood on a deck somewhere, enjoy a short get-a-way before returning to Murphy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog