A familiar clinking noise in the driveway startled me at 4 a.m. this morning.  Our neighbors up the road trapped a flying squirrel last winter when they found it was gnawing on their new home.  I thought maybe a flying squirrel was running around the metal gutters.  Since I was awake, I pulled back the curtains in the front bedroom, focusing my sight on a large dark shape near the birdbath.  No movement so I went back to bed.  A few minutes later Cliff's Blink app went crazy.  There were noises on the back porch like someone tripping over the metal ladder that's resting against the porch rails.  We pulled up the camera app to find...............
We estimate the bear to be about 5'9" weighing around 170-180.  It pulled the two bird feeders off their hooks in the front yard and was going for this porch feeder when we flipped on the porch light.   It just sauntered off the porch slowly and moved on.  Needless to say, bird feeders will be brought inside every night at dusk again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog