I'm ready for the new year to begin. I don't have a difficult time saying good-bye to the old and excited about what the new will bring.  This is also the way I greet each waking morning, rain or shine.  Christmas decorations came down when we arrived home from Florida. Yesterday was quite overcast but the temperatures reached a pleasant 58 degrees by 4 pm.  Today the tree is boxed, lights and decorations are back in their bags for Cliff to store  in the garage.  My 2019 seed catalogues were in my mailbox before Christmas and yesterday's delightful air sent me flipping through catalogue pages looking for new seeds to try. 

This morning I returned to the gym.  Did a half hour of Zumba and 15 minutes on the elliptical.  Felt so-o good to be normal again.  The down time in Florida did me good.  Made a lasagna and a lemon blueberry loaf yesterday.  Cliff is always looking for something to eat, especially in this dreary gloomy weather.  Today I made a creamy carrot soup topped with sauteed spinach and tomorrow I'll make the New Year's Day traditional slow-cooker  black-eyed pea with collard greens dish.  It's the New Year's Day staple in the American South.  The black-eyed peas represent coins and the greens represent money.  Today's temperature reached 61 degrees with winds gusting to 17 mph.  Things were banging and blowing around the porch. 

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year.  We'll be sound asleep by 10 so don't expect a New Years text from us at midnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog