This morning my "mountain farm" chores began a little after 7 before the 56 degree air warmed up.  I've been having difficulty staying in a sleep state past 4:40 a.m.  Pain isn't waking me and I'm coming out of my night's sleep slowing, gradually feeling the wake happen naturally.  So I lie in the dark quietly with relaxing Pandora music softly playing hoping to drift back into a light morning nap.  Doesn't happen............... Around 5:30 I get restless, sit up and read and wait for my coffee to begin the brewing sound at 5:50.  Our neighbors' honey bees arrive at the birdbaths as soon as the sun warms their hives and the right temperature begins their movement.  This morning before the bee activity began, I cleaned the birdbaths and refreshed the water for the birds and the bees! We really enjoy the honey bees.  The more we learn about and observe them, the more amazed we become with their work ethics, their assigned tasks, and their short lives. 
This is just an old dish sitting on my potting bench that collected rain water and I found the bees attracted to it and everything else that puddles water.
Red glass birdbath down by the garden.  So this morning three birdbaths are full of clean water.

I started this early hoping to blog more but Cliff  is ready to hit Walmart before the Walmartites wake up and clog the aisles.  to be continued.......................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog