To satisfy your curiosity, there are seven music garlic bulbs in one pound.
You never know when you might need to answer a trivia question or throw this fact out during a gathering.  Notice the Italian flag colors arrangement..........green, white, and red. 

When placing my order for fall garlic with Mad River Garlic Growers, I needed to know how many garlic in a quarter-pound, half-pound and a full pound.  Luckily, I had six music garlic in the cupboard to place on my kitchen scale. I buy that type when I can find them because the cloves are large, peal easily, and the flavor is strong.  Each bulbs usually contains five to six cloves and I'm ordering a pound.

 Some will be set in the large garden where I pulled up all the yellow beans and some will go in my container garden near the garage.  Cliff's going to buy me a few more large barrels for that area.  It'll be interesting to see if there's a difference in garlic growth.

Kitchen garden near the porch with one tomato plant, lots of basil, some thyme, and other stuff.
Containers near the garage...........two tomatoes, red salvia, chocolate pepper, more basil, thyme, coreopsis, Italian parsley, a few Swiss chard, and some other stuff.  I spray the pepper plant with my DIY soapy solution because some leaf eating insect is devouring the leaves.  It seems the basil are insect free.  Can't figure why.  If I was a leaf-eater, I'd be champing basil leaves!
Red salvia volunteers popped up everywhere this year.  They're between vegetables, outside of the garden, on the walking paths.  Hummingbirds, butterflies, and Lisa's honey bees love them so I've let them grow everywhere they popped up.
Our first bluebird nesting house at the south end of the garden facing east.  We have another house but need to buy a second PVC pipe and place it fifteen to twenty feet from this one.  Next spring we hope to see bluebirds nest here at the edge of the garden.  The vendor told me to leave the side flap open all winter to deter raccoons, snakes, and other creatures from wintering in the houses. 

And lastly, the other day my recipe called for fresh thyme.
This baby black snake was curled up sleeping in the sun in my fresh thyme.  I decided to cut some sprigs from my other plant for the recipe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog