Cliff out shoveling our 1" of snow.  We ended up with 5". NCDOT didn't prepare any roads because predictions were ~1" during the morning with melting temperatures in the afternoon.  He spent the morning working with state troopers closing down the Blairsville Hwy where a five-car pile up blocked the road and slippery conditions forced other vehicles off the road.  This one caught everyone off guard.  It's a nice sticky snow, perfect for snowballs or building a snowman.  I can't throw snowballs anymore.  I have to "granny" throw like "granny" bowling.  No more shoveling or sweeping off the porch.  No more building snowmen. 
I did use my little Tonka toy leaf blower when there just a dusting thinking oh good, this will work!  It worked fine for about an hour.  Our first snow accumulation of the winter did bring a quiet hush to the forest.  It's beautiful and peaceful and will be pretty much gone by tomorrow afternoon when the sun comes out and raises our temperature to mid-fifties.. Okay, I'm done with snow for this winter!  That's all I needed.  Last week we had four inches of rain in just a couple days.  Thank goodness it was rain.  And I'm happy to report that this cold front did not cause me any RA pain in my joints. 

We've been watching another wonderful series on Netflix.  Anne with an e is a delightfully gentle Canadian drama series set in the late 1890's on Prince Edward Island.  It's easy on the mind and heart. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog