After being away from the gym for two weeks between the quick Florida visit and the god-awful stomach flu that took me down for five days, I was thrilled to be back on the Zumba floor Monday. Energy was in low gear so I danced slowly and made up some of my own steps.  Being with the group and laughing and hearing the music again lifted my spirits.  During yoga I rested often in child's pose and left the class a little early to head home.  Today I'm back to being me and to keep myself in low impact mode, I wear a soft foam Velcro neck collar that stabilizes the cervical vertebrae.  RA likes to settle in and attack small bones first.  My yoga instructor is only a few years younger than I am and seeing me take on so many modifications in the past couple of years has really made her focus on her own aging body.  We need to move differently, more cautiously, avoid situations that may cause falls, lift things safely, and heaven forbid, rest when we feel fatigued.  I'm still working on this one.  Today after yoga class, Anita asked if I'd like to borrow a DVD program where a certified instructor works with bed-ridden patients showing them how to stretch and exercise their limbs when they can't get up.  Poor Anita must see me flat like a bathroom rug in my future days.  I hugged her, thanked her, and told her if I become a rug, I'll have Lauria grind me up and scatter me over the compost pile. 

The Weather Channel weather app on my Iphone shows fourteen out of the next fifteen days to be rainy, snow showers with one day that the sun may peek through.  Except for the snow day, the others will be about 60 degrees.  This is a very odd February.  No complaints about the temperatures but two weeks of dreary dank dark days will drive me crazy.  I'll have to upload sunny images on the computer screen. 

Tonight we have a station 17 volunteer firefights gathering at Enzio's Italian Restaurant.  Last year's gathering had to be rescheduled due to icing on the road.  Crazy weather..................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog