HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!

Image result for groundhog day 2020

The arrival of February to me means I'm closer to unpredictable March weather when winter collides with transitioning spring and I can plant peas very soon.
                                                       thyme, basil, and parsley

Four weeks ago I started some herbs on the kitchen window sill that Cliff enlarged for me this winter. Thyme seeds are difficult to germinate because they are minute and barely get covered with soil making them vulnerable to drying up, especially with furnace heat and a fireplace drying the air.  Covering all my seed pots with Saran gave them a greenhouse environment and they sprouted quicker and easier than starting them outside in the gardens.


On the way home from our flea market on the 4-lane, I stopped at Tractor Supply for more bird suet.  The Carolina wrens were asking for more peanut suet.  They fly to the suet basket, rip huge pieces off, and fly away.  Our temperature hit a sunny mid-sixties this afternoon with gusts to 10 mph but it was so beautiful, everyone was out.  Tractor Supply has some new additions to their seeds this year so I bought Chia micro-greens to grow on the window sill and snow peas that can be planted this month in the garden.  I'm psyched!  My spring has already started in the kitchen/dining areas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog