The Covid virus continues to surprise me by inconveniencing what I thought were simple things. Back in the summer I ordered my garlic for the usual mid-October planting.  The garlic just arrived Monday.  

                                                       chesnok red

My all-time favorites..........music garlic
Cliff helped me put the fifty-plus cloves in rows, spacing them six to eight inches apart, before the rains arrived.  Then I mulched the three areas with dead leaves, which were not hard to find here.  While I was working in the garden, there was such a cacophony of bird noise and flying that the sky looked like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds." Hundreds of black birds perched high up in a couple of trees then took flight talking and screeching overhead settling in the next trees.  This went on for a couple of hours.  As they flew over, pinging sounds came from the garage and house roofs and Cliff's motorcycle trailer.  More dropping and bouncing sounds on the yoga deck and a couple of sharp hits to my head. 

 
I couldn't figure where they carried the little acorns because the screeching and talking was loud as they moved from trees to trees.  This went on for a couple of days and now they're gone.  

In June I planted three chocolate peppers that I started from seed in the house in April.  Two plants were put in the big garden and one was potted and set in the driveway area.  Remember, we had more days of drear and rain than sun which stunted many of the vegetables growth and blooms.  

This is Nov. 2 after months of being green from lack of sunshine.  We had a few cold nights when I brought the plant inside. As soon as the weather returned to warmer nights, back outside it went and stayed.  

Today, Friday the 13th, the peppers are finally chocolate and ready to be eaten.  

And lastly, my hammock swing.............

relaxing on the back porch with my Mother Earth magazine, planning next year's garden, if I can still walk!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog