Yesterday 7:30 am.................

Early this afternoon..............





This is our kind of snow...............  The Almanac mentions snow showers and snowfalls often for our area this winter.  Yesterday I made a warm sweet potato with red lentil soup to comfort us in the 34 degree  day. This morning we woke to 17 degrees until the sun warmed the air to 49.  

Thursday Mark and Jen arrived for the Thanksgiving weekend.  Friday Jen and I spent the morning together in the kitchen cooking up a storm.  I made the dressing with sprouted grain bread that I had dried on cookie sheets for four days and to my surprise it was the best dressing I ever made. I bought a nine pound turkey breast, not a Butterball because they're injected with stuff, but just a plain old store name turkey, and baked it in a cup of white wine and it was so moist and juicy.  Even the gravy was delicious.  We had peas and farmers market winter squash.  I was really pleased that everything came out as we wanted, moist, delicious, and ready at the same time!


  It was so nice to have family at the table to talk and laugh and share stories.  During the weekend we played Jenga and Spinner, visited The Christmas Store in Copperhill, TN.  My homemade fudge store was closed so I went through withdrawal.  

We kept forgetting to take pictures or ask our servers in Legends Steakhouse to take a groupie.  Finally thought of it in The Christmas Store. 

Monday morning we got up early to drop them off near Atlanta for their Uber connection to the airport. Weather was lovely while they were here.  Monday the cold front blew in so they got out in time to avoid it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog