Let's see how this goes............

I figured this would be a good day to play with the blog and see what I can screw up today.  It's very dark still at 8:30 a.m. as rain pounds the roof bringing a fast moving cold front through.  The barometric pressure is dropping quickly.  Our temperature will plummet this afternoon from low 50's to 20 degrees.  My hot tea sits to my left on the desk and from my peripheral vision, I watch the fog thicken in the forest as the weather changes.  I recall my mother telling me how she felt like a drunk when she woke during the deepest darkest time in winter when our bodies experience a slowing and hibernating need.  I've felt that the past week.  

The other day I craved warm cooked apples.  Found a quick easy Sauteed Cinnamon Apples recipe.


                             apples sauteed in coconut oil until softened

My choice was spooned over cherry vanilla ice-cream..........

Cliff's choice was "black and white" ice-cream topped with whipped cream.

The warm apples over ice-cream satisfied my craving. 

                                     red amaryllis, basil, and other herbs loving the south window

We're staying home with no family or friends sharing our Christmas dinner this year.  Covid numbers are out of control.  At first I wasn't going to go through the whole dinner episode for just two people until last week after seeing my doctor, I began getting my energy and spirit back.  We bought the fixins' for our turkey dinner.  I'll do some prep work today and we'll celebrate Christmas tomorrow with phone calls and appreciation for where we are and what we have.

Merry Christmas!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog