Happy 77th Birthday, Cliff..............

Unfortunately, he spent the morning at the cancer clinic getting his chemo..............

My sleep last night was interrupted with two hours of restless tossing and turning so today I struggled to stay focused.  After the clinic we did a quick Walmart run, grabbed a bite out and headed home so I could make a birthday cake, package-mix style.  My weary brain forgot to add the melted butter.  I noticed the butter still sitting on the counter when the timer buzzed to check the cake.  Oh, crap!  I've been misplacing and forgetting things much more often.  Very bothersome.  Then I discovered I didn't have enough confectioners sugar to make frosting so we each cut a piece of cake, scooped mint chocolate ice-cream into the bowl and squirted whipped cream over everything.  Everything tastes better with ice cream and whipped cream.  

Tomorrow Cliff does his second scan.  Friday we're scheduled to see our doctor and next Tuesday he has an oncologist appointment.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog