A hummingbird was sighted in Warwick, RI on March 23!  Observer noted this is the earliest she has ever seen one.  Of course she had no nectar made or feeder out so quickly made the sugar solution, cooled it, and hung it out.  I hung two out on Saturday, one on the back porch in sight from Cliff's recliner and the other at the kitchen window.  The nesting Carolina wren in my back porch swing was thrown out during the severe thunderstorm we had over the weekend.  The pillows had been blown out of the swing and tossed over the rails.  So sad.  Yesterday the wrens build their new nest in one day in the geranium window box.  It was amazing to watch them put leaves and other materials together so quickly.  Nature is amazing.  Plants and animals want their species to survive so they keep producing.  Tonight and tomorrow night will be in the low thirties but I can't bring the geraniums in the house now.  I may try to lay a  pillow case lightly on the plants.  It's 39 this morning.  


I moved the papers that I'm working on to the bedroom to make room for more issues that arrived in the mail yesterday.  I can see that I'll be hours today on the phone trying to speak with representatives hoping to get some of this straightened out.  My day will be proving I am the surviving spouse then mailing copies of my proof etc.  It seems like it's never ending.  So frustrating.  Part of the reason I'm not sleeping well.  Went to an ENT yesterday because I had such pressure in my left ear and he said I'm probably grinding my teeth and holding the tension in my jaws.  Have to go to the dump this morning and the bank and later when it warms up I'll walk the park loop and relieve some stresses.  

I planted the potatoes weeks ago but we had a few teens and twenties temperatures.  Potatoes may not sprout.  I'll cut and prepare some more to try again. Almanac said it was going to be a cold wet spring to start.  Things will grow when they're ready.  

Just wanted to blog a little before I get dressed and eat breakfast.  I had chicken duty over the weekend.  Always a bright spot in my days.


Journaling is my release too.  I can feel my shoulders relax after unloading.  Thanks for letting me unload on the blog

Found this the other day.  Back in Deltona,FL in 2002 volunteering with our neighbor Ralph Feick.


Sofia with her graduation gown! Can't find the pics of Grant and Hayden.  Will post when I find where I put them.  Another problem I have is figuring out where things have gone in the phone and computer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog