We went tubing down the Toccoa River in GA this morning with our friends from the mountain. The excursion down the river takes about 2.5 hrs and is about 6 miles long. Cliff: The water was quite high and it resulted in several big dropoffs. I (Cliff) flipped over and went underwater a couple of times. Lots of fun, but quite rough at times. It was real great fun.
These are not pics of us. These people knew what they were doing! This was new to us so when we heard the sound of the rapids, our lives passed before us. I kept getting my big behind stuck on the rocks and Cliff struggled to steer his tube and stay upright in the rapids. The water temp was actually refreshing because it's been 90 here....hot for June. All in all, we had a great day.

Comments

diane said…
I have always wanted to try tubing - looks like so much fun! I will show Nana these pictures next time she comes up. I hope this comment works - I tried about 4 times to send the other one and I don't know which one went...:)...I'm sooooo stupid when it comes to this hi-faluking (sp????????-phoentically)internet stuff!
diane said…
how come it says 5:04pm...it is 8:04 pm...weird..are you on mountain time???
Betsy said…
bert says the posting site is probably rocky mt time or pacific coast time. bert was exhausted by the time we got to shore. i'm still learning all this blog stuff and now that i'm retired, i really enjoy messing around. my daughter is a big help because she started blogging 4 yrs ago when she and her husband started the adoption procedure. thanks for reading mine, diane....it's a great way to keep in touch and see your family and friends.
ralph said…
wow, such a beautiful river. sounds like you had a good time! how's yer arse? heeheehee! our first tubing adventure went similarly and had the same consequences. must be a rookie requirement...
Betsy said…
i had a massage scheduled for tomorrow and after bouncing around the rapids, i figured i'd need it. got a call from my massage therapist asking if we could reschedule!!! ahhh! i have to hold off on the aches and pains until thursday. took two xtra strength arthritis tablets to ward off the evil spirits.....

Popular posts from this blog