Retirement


My teacher friends in FL and my grandson in TN have asked us what do you do now that you are retired. Some mornings we sit out on the porch steps with our silly cat, a cup of high test java, watch the sunrise, and listen to the forest. It speaks volumes. In the spring the air is teeming with morning songs echoing throughout the woods. The orchestra of cardinal voices delight us and bring peace and contentment as we begin our day. Last night as darkness fell, we saw our first fireflies this season. Retirement has allowed me to enjoy some of the things I've missed, like sunrises, savoring a cup of chai tea while reading a book....actually reading a book without falling asleep. Teaching was so consuming and exhausting. It never left my mind.

Comments

ralph said…
i'm so glad you started a blog. your writing is vivid and brings me into the scene and the photos of the land are just stunning.
Betsy said…
thanks....i'm enjoying it more than i expected

Popular posts from this blog